Tips & Tricks For Recording Your Legacy Letter On a Smartphone
1. Device Setup – Applying Noise Cancelling Settings
Apply noise-cancelling settings on your smartphone to ensure your legacy letter is of the highest audio quality.
To Change Your Settings:
iOS (iPhone, iPad) –
- Go to Settings.
- Select Voice Memos.
- Select Audio Quality.
- Select Lossless.
2. Recording Techniques – Creating the Right Recording Space
Location Tip: Choose a quiet place inside. Carpeted rooms away from the noise of roads are an ideal space to record your legacy letter.
Create a recording space in your bedroom or lounge room:
- Place your phone on a pillow.
- Keep your phone away from any hard surfaces.
- Speak into the base of your phone.
- Relax and sit comfortably while recording.
3. Reading Your Legacy Letter– Refining Your Recording
Sound Editing Tip: You can use a sound editor on your phone to get rid of pauses, mistakes or anything you wish to remove. You don’t have to record your legacy letter in a single take.
Script Reading Tips:
- Limit your recording to less than 3 minutes otherwise your file will become too large to send.
- Experiment with the tone of your legacy letter. Do a test recording and then listen back to it.
- Don’t rush your recording it’s natural to have pauses in a recording, take your time.
- After you have recorded your legacy letter listen back to it a final time to ensure you’re happy with its flow, content and tone.